Monday 28 January 2013

Super Simple, Super Quick, Super Delish Blackberry Pie

Okay, I can't take credit for this one. I just have to give a shout out to Allrecipes.com for my latest find - a super simple and quick blackberry pie! No slaving in the kitchen for this one. It literally takes five minutes to prep and just over half an hour in the oven. You could even prep it just before dinner and have a nice, hot, fresh pie ready for dessert (psst - don't let your friends know it was virtually no work at all!). Best of all - it tastes FANTASTIC! One of the best pies I can remember having in years. I now make this every time blackberries go on sale, because the pie freezes well.

So here's all you need:


2     pie crusts (frozen works fine if you want to save on time)
1/2  cup of flour
1/2  cup of sugar
4     cups of blackberries

2     tbs milk
1/4  cup sugar

Preheat the oven to 425 degrees F

Sift together the flour and sugar, pour over 3.5 cups of the berries and mix well (but gently!). Top with remaining berries and cover with the second pie shell.


Crimp together the edges and remember to  poke vent holes in the top (I often make a smiley face because my daughter thinks it's funny).

Brush milk over the pie crust, then sprinkle liberally with remaining sugar.

You're done! No, seriously. Now put it in the oven.

Bake it at 425 for 15 minutes, then turn the oven down to 375 for another 20 minutes or until the crust is golden brown. Allow it to cool a few minutes before digging in. I know, it's hard. Life's rough sometimes.

The crust doesn't always crack like this - of course the one time I want to take a picture... but you get the idea.

For those of you who want to see the original recipe on Allrecipes, find it here. Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment